Monday, February 21, 2011

Day 19

Song; I’ll Be Missing You by Puff Daddy

Yep. We’re going back to my roots (not really). I’m kickin this one out to my homie Bailey Bud aka Bailey, Bud, Buddy, Pup, My Boyfriend, Boo Boosh, My Sweet Boy.
Movie: Marley & Me

Today I said goodbye to my longtime friend and companion, Bailey Mactavish Lynch. He was a part of our family for 11 years, 7 of those he lived with me. We got him from a Scottie rescue where the previous owners had abused him—perhaps involving stairs. (This dog had to be carried up and down the stairs which would have been ok had I not always lived on the 2nd floor….) The first weekend we brought him home I went down to kiss him on the nose- much like I had with my other pup we had for 14 years. He was having some trust issues and bit me on the nose. It was enough to pierce the skin and cause me to bleed and freak out. I called my mom and she immediately came home from work to take me to the hospital. He was put on house arrest and my dad was ready to give him the boot. I pleaded with my father and the one who was injured became the one most emotional about keeping him. Bailey had already been through such traumatic experiences in his little life, I didn’t want to add to that. We kept him and forewarned everyone that came near him to stay away from his face. This, of course, was when he had a little pep in his step. Anyone meeting him in the last few years of his life would say he was the sweetest little guy and wonder if he could do anyone harm. He loved people and was the best pup a girl could ask for. I kissed him on the nose when I said goodbye. And our story was complete.

4 comments:

  1. Sometimes...when it rains, it pours BUT you know the rainbow maker! Bailey will be missed - I love you and I am here to walk right beside you through any storm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your love and support Jodie! And I know that you'll be the first one in line to purchase my new country one-hit wonder...

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey ashley - i didn't ever meet bailey, but i remember how much you loved molly. i always think of the lynch-es when i see a scottie dog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We too will miss our Bailey Bud!

    ReplyDelete