Monday, February 14, 2011

Day 12

Song: I Wanna Dance with Somebody by Whitney Houston & Dancing With Myself by Billy Idol

Dancing with Myself because this song can always get me dancing. You just can’t help but have it give you a pep to your step- at least for the avid 80’s music lover. And then there’s Whitney. This is my hopeful, romantic side that I can’t ever get away from. While I enjoy dancing by myself (there’s no one’s toes to step on), there are some dances that require a partner.
I was reminded again today of a message I heard a couple months ago on expectations. People and situations can let you down if you put your expectations in them. But when you live your life with expectancy then you have hope of something good happening rather than putting pressure on the person, place or thing to deliver. I’m living my life full of expectancy rather than with expectation.

Movie: City of Angels

This is a story of an angel who longs to be human. He fantasizes about feeling the wind in his face, expressing emotion and being in love. I realize this is quite a stretch for an angel to decide to become human but- it is a movie. I remember seeing it in the movie theatre with my best friend Eric. He drove me home and I was a wreck. I cried for at least an hour later. This was shortly after my 1 month old cousin had gone to heaven. This, of course, attributed to my radical response of emotion from this movie. We had so many questions. While it was so difficult to see this precious little man go to heaven, it was special to have him in this world for the brief time he was here. He touched so many lives. I saw a parallel with this movie. Nicolas Cage’s character longed to feel love and when he finally does, he loses it. While he hurt, he was grateful he was able to experience it. On this Valentine’s Day, I think of my little cousin Jared and how grateful I am to have experienced love in my life.

2 comments:

  1. hey girl--
    do you remember jamming out to whitney houston's tape over and over whenever i would sleep over at your house? i still love some whitney. i'm glad she helped you get through the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. of course I do! That and NKOTB... :) Good times.

    ReplyDelete