Sunday, February 20, 2011

Day 18

Day 18:
Song: Somebody by Depeche Mode

In my 18 day healing/soul searching I’ve realized there are A LOT of songs that could send you in a state of depression. So many people are dealing with heartache. I knew this but was completely oblivious of it simply because I chose to not date for 8 years. On one hand I feel like I am so out of the loop, like I’ve been missing out on something. On the other, I am so thankful that I didn’t put myself through this for 8 years. Instead I get to experience it in my more mature stature in my 30s. Honestly—I don’t think rejection feels good at any age. I think you just become wiser in the ways of how to handle it. In college, this song was one I would listen to frequently when I felt like crying. I listen to it now with a hopeful heart. I’ve had so many people continue to encourage me. If I thought this bloke was so fan-freakin-tastic, there is someone that God has designed specifically for me that’s even better. And I say, bring it on.

Movie: Devil Wears Prada
I love this movie and somewhat worked for a boss quite similar to this. We were asked to read his mind and make a spectacular event for 500 people on a $5 budget. My favorite theme in this movie however is freedom. Anne Hathaway’s character discovers at the end of the film that success is not all it’s cracked up to be if you must be under the constant scrutiny of people pleasing. She had an awesome character transformation and how could you not love Meryl Streep…

No comments:

Post a Comment