Friday, February 4, 2011

Day 1

Song: Jesus Take the Wheel
I am not a Carrie Underwood fan but after 3 hours sleep, sporting a fever and saddle bags under my eyes, this was the first phrase I uttered when looking in the mirror. I spent the sleepless evening laying in bed wondering what I could have done differently. Everything seemed to be going so well. While I had some reservations, I felt that with time I would learn more about him before being so quick to put up my absolutely not flag. It seemed he gave up several weeks before.
Movie: 500 Days of Summer

I loved this movie because of the honesty of the characters. Here’s this guy who adores this girl. He woos her over after some time and has the best time of his life- even to the extent that on his way to work, he breaks out in choreographed dance with those in the park. While I did not go this extreme, I was walking in a fog most days simply because of my elated state. It’s like I had a permanent smile tattooed to my face. And then I had emergency laser surgery to remove it because I realized it was in Olde English lettering…

1 comment:

  1. One of my fav movies too! Such a unique take on a love story. Goes to show you even when things don't work out the way we thought, they still work out!!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete