Sunday, March 27, 2011

Drama

Song: Drama by Erasure
Life lesson for today: be happy where you’re at and with what you have. I’ve learned this lesson quite a few times before. There are days when I get to learn it again. When you focus your attention on what you are missing or without, depression can set in. I chose instead to be grateful for where God has placed me.

Movie: Becoming Jane
This is the true story of Jane Austin. She was a young lady full of whimsy and creativity. She was witty and sassy. She was refined with a heart full of passion. She meets a gentleman who challenges her with her craft of writing. He introduces her to new authors and materials she would have never experienced. She was unlike any lady he was ever interested. She brushed him off. This love-hate relationship blossomed into love-love. He made her better. And she him. Because of their social statuses and the lack of the families approval, they were unable to marry. She spent the rest of her life writing characters that experienced life and love with such passion and intensity. I have yet to watch this movie without crying.
Might I add too that the photo shown is quite possibly one of my favorite dance scenes. I often would go back to watch it when writing a scene from one of my plays. I tried to emulate it in a play but could never do it justice. I think it's a combination of the music, mood and film direction that make me love it so.

No comments:

Post a Comment