Friday, April 15, 2011

A Day At The Beach

Song: No Woman No Cry by Bob Marley
I went on my first ever fishing trip. I re-read that statement and it still doesn’t register that it was me that went. It was shortly after the second hour into the first full day that I was over fishing. I sat on a huge rock and bird watched for hours as my friends continued to get their hooks caught in rocks. I started the morning off by catching a sting ray followed by a comical run in the sand. It was there that I attempted to run by the seaweed infested shore only to look like a fish out of water. Funny but no one levels out the sand for those to run. It was when I couldn’t stop laughing that I had to stop running. I was sucking wind. I thought I should perhaps go exploring instead. It was when I walked on the freshly wind-blown sand that I became intrigued. Sure this was no luxury vacation to Port Aransas but it was the exact get out of the norm spot that I saw how this was my new beginning. I was making never before seen indentions in the sand. No other feet had walked there. And yet even when I felt the most alone and overwhelmed, God whispered to me,”I’m Here.” It was one of the most precious moments I had experienced in such a long time.

Movie: Beaches
Another movie that I can’t watch without crying… Such a touching story on love and friendship. Two unlikely friends go through a life full of rocky relationships and career malfunctions to find that their friendship was their strength that stablized and brought them to the finish line. When Hillary, played by Barbara Hersey, discovers she is dying, CeCe, played by Bette Midler, whisks her away to the beach house to live her final days. I am so thankful to have those friends that whisk me away to the beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment