Sunday, April 10, 2011

A Happy Place

4/10/11
Song: The First, My Last, My Everything by Barry White
I was reminded of when I first had music get me through a situation. It was freshman year of college and I was so very homesick. In those times you live on fond memories to get you through and you believe for the best each day. I thought of the many Ally McBeal episodes I watched and how she would always have a song in her head. She had a pep in her step even in the midst of her confusion and emotional turmoil. It was during this season that I developed a love for Al Green and Barry White. For those 2 years while living on campus I’ll never forget the long walks up the hill from the theatre building to my dorm room. All the while, I was rocking to Barry White The First, My Last, My Everything in my head.

Movie: Hook
This is one of my Dad’s favorite. He loves the part about finding your happy place. No matter our age, there’s a bit of dreaming and child-like qualities that we should never retire. We find our happy place by spending time with our family and friends, reading a great book or listening to music you just can’t help but dance. If all this fails I remember Michael Scott on The Office burning his foot on a George Foreman grill and well-instant smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment