Monday, October 31, 2011

Hold On

Song: Hold On by Flame
In light of the tragic news of Kim Khardashian getting a divorce, I can't help but think- seriously? What in the world was the point of all the planning and money when really there was no investment in the relationship. The first indicator should be the prenuptial. To me this seems like an out. Either you're in for life, which means everything you own is mine or you think there is some potential that this will not work and this is your back up plan to cover yourself. I honestly don't care about her, her family or the story. But what does sadden me is how flippant some are with relationships and the lack of tenacity and stick-to-itiveness. Aren't some things worth fighting for? And why do we give up so easily? Is it because we really don't want it? Or because it takes work to obtain or keep what is best for us? I started to reflect this in every aspect of my life. Am I really fighting for what I want or am I giving in by settling for what I know? It's easy to fall into that rut. As for today, I say no more.

Movie: Rudy
I love a great underdog movie. I also love Sean Astin. Put the two together and of course this will be on my all time fave list. A college-aged boy has dreams of playing on the Notre Dame football team. Against all odds- his family's disbelief, his low grades and short stature- he proves that with hard work, determination and building friendships along the way- all things are possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment