Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Life is Beautiful

Song: It's a Beautiful Life by Ace of Base
Sometimes it takes a brief respite to revive and refresh, to give you a fresh perspective on life-- on what's important. There is so much beauty to experience in this life that we so often overlook. For one- people. We checked into the hotel yesterday and I encountered such a polite young man who carried up my bags to the room. I discovered that he was going to school at UT Austin and after a few wrong choices is now on academic probabtion and attending ACC in the fall. He told me that he is now back on track and would have to change his major because of his low GPA. I encouraged him to not give up and pursue after his dreams. Mario was humored that I got this individuals life story. I saw it as a means to speak words of life to this person. It's easy to think that what you want to do is not achievable because of the obstacles that stand in the way of getting to that goal. Many times its a word of encouragement or a change of thinking or both that gets someone back on track. I am so thankful for those God has placed in my life. I am forever amazed at His grace and love for me. He knows exactly what I need and when. This mini-getaway has already far exceeded my expectations. I am a blessed woman.

Movie: Life is Beautiful
This beautiful Italian film is a comedic love story set in World War II. A Jewish man, Guido, wins the affections of a wealthy Italian girl, Dora, by his charisma and love for life. They marry and have a son before being taken to a concentration camp. While in the camp, Guido creates a game out of the daily routines to keep his now 4-year-old son calm and oblivious to severity of the situation. Guido's passion and creativity keeps his son alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment